
My new (to me at least) Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 lens came on Wednesday. Of course, as soon as I got it out of the box I was out back testing it out! Here are a few shots
That day a juvenile black phoebe had shown up in the yard. He was busy hunting bugs and chasing the lesser goldfinches. I took pictures of him through the window screens - he flew away when I went outside. I'll have to see if he'll come back if I hang out in the backyard for long enough.
The goldfinches like the fountain! I haven't seen anyone else using it yet, but the goldfinches are on it almost contantly now. They move between the bushes, the feeder, and the fountain in a constant stream. Thanks Mom!This shot was taken in full shade. With the wide apeture (f2.8) of the new lens I was able to use ISO 100 and still shoot at 1/320 sec. This is why I wanted this lens!
A couple Anna's Hummingbirds sharing a feeder. I don't have nearly the number of hummers (or feeders) that are at Plymouth Gardens!
No comments:
Post a Comment