Tuesday, July 25, 2006

New Lens Tryout

On Sunday I headed down to the Tijuana River Valley to try out my new 400/2.8 lens. I'm currently using a monopod and still learning how to deal with such a large and heavy lens. I was able to get some shots I thought might turn out ok and was very excited to get them downloaded to the computer so I could see the true results.
I didn't get any really spectacular shots but the sharpness is extraordinary, even when using the 1.4x extender. I was even able to get a decent shot handheld in a running car. :)
The following shots are all full frame. Let me know what you think!

Song Sparrow: 1/800 at f/4

Savannah Sparrow: 1/400 at f/4 (with 1.4x)

American Kestrel: 1/3200 at f/4 (with 1.4x and handheld!)

Western Fence Lizard: 1/200 at f/8 (with 1.4x and flash)

1 comment:

The Old Women said...

Wow, it should be amazing when you really get use to using it!! There really is something to be said about good equipment!! Thanks for posting them. I love the song sparrow.